Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Problem with air in the fuel delivery pipe. When I push the

Customer Question

Hello. Problem with air in the fuel delivery pipe. When I push the acceleration pedal, the amount of air is increasing. What can be the problem?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I don't have any info if this does have an electric lift/low pressure pump on this model to say for sure but a local parts store can usually tell you for sure if you call them on your model.In most cases I find on models that do not have the pump in the tank that this is an issue with the injection pump sucking air and fuel due to a damaged fuel line seal or hose allowing air into the fuel system when the injection pump is pulling fuel from the tank.This won't show up as an external leak making it difficult to locate in most cases.I would fully inspect the fuel lines and components to see if there is a leak found causing this here needing repaired.If found to have a low pressure pump most likely the pump itself is at fault or there is damaged to the pick up tube/line in the tank causing air to become sucked in needing repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.