Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

I recently had a brake job done on my car. Now it seems to

Customer Question

I recently had a brake job done on my car. Now it seems to run rough on the transmission. I noticed that it has been leaking transmission fluid before I got the brakes done. Could the new brakes affect the transmission (it seems to not change gears as easily now) or what could be causing the transmission to not change gears smoothly? The gears are automatic.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the repair facility damaged any wiring or connections when the brake repair was done this may have caused an issue with the transmission operation but usually having the brakes done will not cause this fault here.I suspect it may be due to the transmission fluid that is leaking that now either the transmission has internal damage due to low fluid levels or the level is to low to allow the transmission to operate properly.The fluid level needs checked and fluid added as needed then re check the operation.If the fault still occurs the transmission will have to be inspected/tested to pinpoint and repair the cause here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.