Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  18+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

I have a 2013 Volvo c70 and I get a stop to avoid damage

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Volvo c70 and I get a stop to avoid damage alert intermittently while driving. The hydraulic pump was replaced about one yer ago. Volvo was changing suppliers at that time. The dealer found a TSB about replacing the relief spring in the hydraulic pump and that seemed to lessen the issue but did not correct it. The rear trunk lid also stuck in the full open position once while closing the top. I also got a top is unlocked error.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.

what does it say complete all message ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
stop safely to avoid top damage", an audible warning comes on that you cannot reset and a warning triangle between the speedometer and tach.I also made a typo - it is a 2010 c70 not 2013
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.

Ok you have c70 what you will have to do now again re calibrate roof again and install upgrade software for roof module what happens whit time hydraulics don't hold pressure and require 1-2 a year calibration that should be done every service included but most techs forget to do or don't even do it if you did not complain or had problem . Also it can broken internal cylinder or bad pump module but that is more rare problem

Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.

Please rate answer positive if you can thank you by pressing accept

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can the top be calibrated without going to a dealer?
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.

no not even regular garage can do it all the new cars require this special software and calibrations and for small shop is not worth buying all that you only option to do right is volvo garage