Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

1995 volvo 940 non turbo sedan, no speed ometer, or

Customer Question

1995 volvo 940 non turbo sedan , no speed
ometer , or odometer, and rpms unstable,
can't maintain adjustment
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The odometer will not work until the speedometer issue is corrected.If the transmission is shifting properly with the speedometer issue here this can be a fault with the instrument cluster itself needing repaired or replaced.
With the engine speed issue here this may be due to a vacuum leak on the engine.I would have the engine checked over for any vacuum leaks and if any are found the leaks will need repaired.
Thanks Pete