Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

Im having trouble getting my volvo xc90 T6 2004 to start up

Customer Question
hi im having trouble getting...
hi im having trouble getting my volvo xc90 T6 2004 to start up only starts 90% of the time when running it runs smooth but when shut off will not start again. keeps cranking but wont turn over
it has the following error codes p0336 Crankshaft Position Sensor Range/Performance and p0040 O2 Sensor Signals Swapped Bank 1 Sensor 1/Bank 2 Sensor
so far i have replaced and done the following
fuel pump and fuel filter replaced (fuel is present in the rail)
spark plugs and some coil packs
timing corrected followed VADIS to a T
replaced the crank position sensor
and shielded the wires from the starter motor
checked all the earthing points and cleaned them up
sanded the surface rust off the flywheel
changed the starter motor
im at a loss as to what this is please help
thanks
Chris
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Volvo
i meant to say that 90% of the time it does not start .....
8/20/2015
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

When it cranks but will not start. Can you see what is missing, fuel pressure, ignition spark, or fuel injector pulse?

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician