Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Volvo MCT 125, it was working perfect, I turn it…

I have a Volvo MCT...
I have a Volvo MCT 125, it was working perfect, I turn it off for few minutes and when turn it back on, starts but the knob for acceleration turns but the machine do not increase aceleration
8/20/2015
Volvo Mechanic: Dan, Road Mechanic replied 7 years ago
Dan, Road Mechanic

Language Code

GB

Product

SSL

Group

272

No.

5

Version

3

Date

12/12/2014

Applies to

MC110C Volvo, MC115C Volvo, MC125C Volvo, MC135C Volvo, MC155C Volvo, MCT110C Volvo, MCT125C Volvo, MCT135C Volvo, MCT145C Volvo

Intermittent or complete loss of throttle response

NOTE!

Please pay attention to the safety instructions in the Operator's and Service Manuals concerned.

Cause

Field reports have raised the concern of intermittent or complete loss of throttle response with the rotary hand dial or foot pedal (if equipped). This issue is often intermittent and may or may not occur again when the machine has been turned off and re-started.

Action

The following trouble shooting steps should be followed to determine if throttle actuator should be replaced. Please review the service manual, engine control, for an overview of the throttle control system. If it is determined that the throttle actuator requires replacement, follow the work instructions for replacing the throttle actuator.

Intermittent or complete loss of throttle response trouble shooting steps:

Op nbr 

Check for any error codes

Inspect the throttle linkage for any loose or missing components.

Check movement of the actuator with the injection pump linkage attached and unattached to the actuator rod to verify if the actuator fully extends and retracts. Ensure the actuator fully retracts to its home position during start up.

If the throttle actuator does not extend or retract, check for voltage. If there is no voltage present, check throttle ECU fuse, polarity relay, and wiring for loose or missing connections.

If voltage is present, verify there is no binding with the throttle actuator and injection pump linkage. Ensure the throttle linkage rod is not bent. Straighten and repair if bent.

If the unit is equipped with a foot throttle, try unplugging the foot throttle and check the operation of the rotary dial. If throttle control functions properly with the foot throttle disconnected after operating the machine for a period of time, replace the foot throttle

If the issue is still present after completing steps 1-6, replace the throttle actuator.

NOTE!

Ensure to not spray high pressurized water directly at or around the throttle actuator when cleaning the machine. High pressurized water can be forced past the actuator rod seal and cause corrosion and damage the internal circuit board.

Implemented in prod

I tried to copy and paste some info. I will try and send as a scan in a little bit. Might be the actuator that will need to be updated.

Dan, Road Mechanic