Mike, Technician
Experience:  34 years of self employed vehicle diagnostic & repair
9261905

2010 Volvo v70. Charging failure message on. replaced

Customer Question

2010 Volvo v70 . Charging failure message on . replaced Alternator ,coupler and one way clutch . Message still come on intermittently , after 3-4 hours of driving
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im sorry to see you have had a wait.

With this issue it could well be something as simple as a bad wire / connection - check the connections to the back of the alternator carefully - they need to be good otherwise you will get this..

If thats ok - check the wiring back up through the loom from the alternator - looking for breaks in the wiring / damage in any way -

Check also the battery connections are good -and the ground connections.

IF you don't find the issue as above, then you will need test equipment on the systems to find this fault.

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~~~>>>>>>~ Meanwhile - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..

Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -

- Best Rgds, MIKE.