Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

THE CAR IS A 2007 VOLVO C-7 WITH ABOUT 100,000.MILES. THE…

Customer Question
THE CAR IS A 2007...
THE CAR IS A 2007 VOLVO C-7 WITH ABOUT 100,000.MILES. THE CAR IS IN GREAT SHAPE AND HAS HAD MAINTANCED ON SCHEDULE. THE IGNITION WILL NOT RECONIZE THE KEY 50% OF THE TIME. EVERYTIME YOU ARE IN A HURRY, IT WILL NOT START. MY WIFE HAS REFUSED TO DRIVE IT
ANYMORE. FROM YOUR WEBSITE, I SEE THAT IT COULD BE THE IGNITION RING, BUT I ALSO READ THAT THIS IS A BANDADE FIX FOR USUALLY A SHORT TIME. YOU ALSO MENTION A VOLVO DEALER COULD INSTALL A $300.00 ADDITIONAL PART, ALONG WITH A $60.00 RING, FOR $868.00 DOLLARS.........WHAT
A DEAL.....IS THIS A GUARANTEED FIX? WHAT IS A CHEAP FIX FOR A 16 YEAR OLD CAR? JACK
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Volvo
Answered in 4 days by:
8/20/2015
Volvo Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
The cheapest fix would be to take it to an electrical specialist and have them bypass the immobilizer system. You will likely pay 2-3 hours labor for this