Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  18+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

2001 V70 XC driver side headlight not working I checked the

Customer Question

2001 V70 XC driver side headlight not working I checked the fuses now what?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 2 years ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site.

I understand you have checked the fuses, but in order for me to better understand what's going on, I need to know if there is voltage at both the Left and Right Low Beam 10A fuses. Can you check that and get back to me?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there is no voltage to either fuse.

OK. If there is no voltage to either fuse, then both headlights should be out, not just the driver's side.

I'm sorry, but I'm a little confused on how specifically I can help you; can you clarify whether you're just seeking an educated guess on what could be wrong, or are you looking for technical guidance on how to fix the issue yourself (in which case you must have tools and skills)?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well I see have WAISTED MY $$$$$$$$$$$$ I have tools and skills not a computer with the answers

I'm sorry you feel you have wasted your money. There is not such a thing as a computer with the answers. We are experienced technical experts who can work with you and help you solve your car issue. However, we can't do that unless you're willing to work with us and give us the information we ask for. Also, we can't help you if you don't have or know how to use basic automotive tools such as a multimeter, test light, etc.

For example, you stated that neither the left not the right headlamp fuses had voltage. Since that condition would make both headlamps inoperative, it contradicts your earlier statement that only the driver's side headlight wasn't working.

We understand not everybody has the tools or skills to follow our instructions. If that is your case, just tell us and we'll gladly refund your money.

Best Regards.