Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Volvo XC90 2.5T: i am putting the cams back into my 06 xc90

Customer Question

hi i am putting the cams back into my 06 xc90 2.5 and just trying to make sure it all goes back in right
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
unfortunately when i took the cam shafts and valve cover off the head i didnt have a cam lock tool, i marked everything with a sharpie to make sure when i put it back everything would line back up but i am hearing that the vvt needs to have the cam lock tool in place on the sprockets when you putt eh camshafts back into the head
needless to say i just ordered the tool...i just want to make sure i dont have any timing issues when i put them back in.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Below is a link to the cam alignments.Just copy and paste the link to a new web page to view it.If this does not help or if you need more info let me know.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5dcfeud66jud8y/cam-07-29.gif?dl=0
Thanks Pete