Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

When I changed the spark plugs on a 2006 volvo s40 2.4i, a

Customer Question
vacuum hose came off from...
When I changed the spark plugs on a 2006 volvo s40 2.4i, a vacuum hose came off from the bottom of the upper intake manifold. It appears to be attached to a sensor. I would like to know what the sensor is.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Volvo
Answered in 3 days by:
7/29/2015
Volvo Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I am unable to see clearly in the picture provided at what the sensor is but this may be the MAP sensor as usually it has a vacuum line attached to it.I would see if you can locate the location this sensor is suppose to seat into.If there is a part number on this sensor post it here as this will help.
Thanks Pete
Pete, Technician