Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

Volvo: , I have a 2008 XC90 3.2L engine. The A/C will cool

Customer Question
Hi, I have a 2008...
Hi, I have a 2008 XC90 3.2L engine. The A/C will cool the air, but it will not get cold. It cools much better at highway speeds, and is pretty much worthless in stop and go traffic. The compressor seems to be working/cycling OK. The line out from the compressor is hot, and the line out of the condenser is cold. I have checked the refrigerant level on the low side and it appears to be near max pressure. Do you think my expansion valves are bad and not regulating the proper flow of coolant into the evaporator? I really need to get this figured out. Many thanks, ***** in Texas ;)
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Volvo
7/16/2015
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Urgent help would be much appreciated.
HHT
Is the radiator cooling fan running with the AC on?Have you cleaned the fins for the condenser and radiator?Any engine cooling issues?Is there anyway you can set the air to cold, blower speed 2, recirculated air, at 1500 rpms, and get me the high and low side pressures.I can better pinpoint the cause with that information. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician