Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

Volvo S60 2.4: how do i pay services?I have a

Customer Question
how do i pay for...
how do i pay for your services?
I have a problem sunroof that has stopped working!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Volvo
Answered in 6 days by:
7/21/2015
Volvo Mechanic: Enes, VOLVO Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
What help you need give me more details please
Thanks Enes, I don't know if you got the segment where I was asked what I had tried already - so here we go again.Co-incidentally this problem seemed to occur when the "Alarm service required" indicator comes on every time I start my car.I have a replacement part in hand, but have not yet had the time to change it.SUN ROOF NO LONGER WORKS1. tried both related fuses for the sun roof and sun roof power module. Both seemed fine, but I tried replacing them anyway. No luck2. I replaced (one at a time) the sun roof motor, the sun roof power module and finally the switch panel with the indoor lighting. (I had spares available). No luck3. I tested the original sunroof motor which I had replaced externally - works fine.So I guess somewhere there is a broken/loose wire.
I have NOT received any answer form you, just a request for more information, which I repeated above from when I first signed up.???
Why am I getting demands (two to date) to rate your services when you have done nothing except ask me to restate what was requested of me when I asked my first question (Namely what steps have you taken todate to resolve this problem).When do you plan to answer me?
alarm service required will be your siren module it self in right fender located replace that as far sun roof it will require calibration at volvo dealer but most the time those parts what you replace where ok to change and if still dont work your problem is in sun roof guide rails what is part of sun roof cassette entire sun roof housing frame must be removed and all gears and cables replaced it comes as kit no spare parts are sold separate also the headliner and and rear glass must be removed i would let that job do at volvo dealer . sorry for delay it took time for webpage to process your payment that is web page not me after all that pay is settled they send to me to talk to you
Thank you for your response. However, when I drop the sunroof motor from the guide rails (am holding it in my hand it doesn't spin (ie no power). This makes the guide rail problem seem unlikely. So my question is where do I follow the wiring - the fuses are OK but still no power. Is is possibly connected to the alarm system problem? ie if I fix the alarm system will it fix the sunroof? Also I'm having trouble replacing the 3rd bolt in the sunroof motor - it is recessed too far under the car ceiling panel I removed it by drilling a small hole in the ceiling panel to insert an Allen key - not so easy to put back.
???
I'm getting no useful information, but constant requests to rate your service? As of now I would have to rate it very bad. I've used justAnswer once before with a communications issue in the early days, that experience was excellent.
This question is taking to long. To reply and assist web page has some delays sending it on time to me and it will take us long time to figure out do you like refund
yes i would like a refund, thanks
Ok I tell them
Enes
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician