Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Volvo s40: 2000 s40 volvo brought to my shop with recurring…

Customer Question
2000 s40 volvo brought to...
2000 s40 volvo brought to my shop with recurring p1014 code. going to check timing belt alignment first as customer had it replaced recently. is there an alignment mark on crankshaft available without removing covers?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Volvo
7/9/2015
Volvo Mechanic: Enes, VOLVO Master Technician replied 3 years ago
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
That corresponds to a Volvo DTC ECM-62 which is for the camshaft timing for the CVVT. This is usually caused by one of three things. First, because the CVVT system is controlled with oil pressure, low or dirty engine oil can cause this. Second is the camshaft reset valve which bolts to the top of the head behind the exhaust cam pulley. Finally, you may have a bad CVVT hub which is a pretty big expensive job requiring special tools for proper alignment.
But you don't have drive