Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Volvo s70: I have a 1999 volvo s70. With no key in the ignition,

Customer Question
I have a 1999 volvo...
I have a 1999 volvo s70.
With no key in the ignition, I can push the brake and all the dash lights come on, and the cooling fan behind the radiator comes on as well. Also, when I unlock the doors, the immediately lock back down.
What could possibly be causing this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Volvo
7/7/2015
Volvo Mechanic: Enes, VOLVO Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
It can be a bad ignitions switch but also shorted wiring the wires have to traced in car for damages first then Try be ignition switch
I just replaced the brake stop switch and the ignition switch, and it did no good. Same symptoms. Now it won't crank, and the dash lights come on and don't go off even when the key is out of it.What wires would you suggest I start testing? There are a lot of wires!Also, I had the console off and the w button, winter/weather button on the console began to smoke, so I just unplugged it.Help help help!
Thanks,
BJ
You need to have wiring diagrams and scanner I don't think we can resolve the problem like this thru chat do you like refund
I understand. No, thanks for your help anyway.BJ
I'm sorry some problem can't be fixed like this but we try maybe next time
Enes
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician