Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

Volvo S60 s t auto: ***** ***** a proplem in changing a flat battery

Customer Question
Is there a proplem in...
Is there a proplem in changing a flat battery on a s60 t auto?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Volvo
7/5/2015
Volvo Mechanic: Kevin, Technician replied 2 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Hi I'm Kevin straight forward change battery is already flat so nothing to avoid. Positive terminal off first and on last
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Volvo Mechanic: Enes, VOLVO Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
There is way in your car how to change to prevent other problem you battery is located in trunk under floor cover . To remove you will need 5inch and 10 inch extension 3 sockets sizes 10mm 12 mm and 13mm. You all ways disconnect negative lead first than positive . When you connect positive first and negative last connect . When you remove your old battery and disconnect do this extra step to reset car modules
With battery removed from car now take plus and minus cabels ends and tape them together so they touch each other for 30 min that will discharge all voltage from all modules and reset car this step is optional but good to do with battery so all modules start up correct
I did not like short answer other expert gave you so I figure I give you little extra info you need to know
Enes
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician