Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Volvo S40 2.4I: My Volvo won't start. It gives me a "fill wa

Customer Question

My Volvo won't start. It gives me a "fill washer fluid" and "brake failure stop safely" and "immobilizer" notifications. How do I get it to start or restart the notifications board? I got all my fluids topped of at my oil change about 2 weeks ago
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here this sounds like an electrical short causing all of these issues.I have seen a faulty sensor short out and cause other electronics to act up and can cause faults like this.
I would have the fault codes checked to see what codes are set and from there those codes diagnosed to locate and repair the fault.If you can get the codes checked and post the code info here this will help just let me know.
Thanks Pete