Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Volvo C70: not sure. yesterday my volvo mechanic who has been

Customer Question

not sure. yesterday my volvo mechanic who has been working on my 1999 c70 conv top problems (hit and miss experimenting w the computer control codes) told me the top was now permanently stuck - top is up - he said the boot latches were not responding and he would have to destroy the boot cover in order to 'break into' the boot to repair the motor? the latches? he doesnt even know ... grrrrr
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In some cases this type of fault here can be caused by a faulty micro switch/top position switch itself needing replaced as it can send incorrect signals on what position the top or latches are in.If you hasn't used a scan tool to check codes and to read sensor data this should be done to see if he or possibly another repair facility (dealer is best) can locate the cause of this issue.In some cases just replacing the faulty sensor will allow the top to operate properly again.
Thanks Pete