Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  18+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

I have a problem on the Ignition switch ,I believe, on my

Customer Question

I have a problem on the Ignition switch ,I believe, on my 2004 Volvo s 40. Went shopping when I came back to the car the key in the ignition doesn't not pass position 2 to position 3 to start car. I tried spare key,no success. Cleaned both keys and even
sprayed ignition switch with electric cleaner,nothing. It looks like something inside is preventing key to go to position 3. What do you suggest I try next?
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It has been 4 hours and no reply from anybody....
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There are 5 Volvo mechanics on line now and nobody is able to pick up my question from 8 hours ago???
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No help needed anymore,Tks!
Glad you got it resolved.