Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a problem on the Ignition switch ,I believe, on my…

Customer Question
I have a problem on...
I have a problem on the Ignition switch ,I believe, on my 2004 Volvo s 40. Went shopping when I came back to the car the key in the ignition doesn't not pass position 2 to position 3 to start car. I tried spare key,no success. Cleaned both keys and even
sprayed ignition switch with electric cleaner,nothing. It looks like something inside is preventing key to go to position 3. What do you suggest I try next?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Volvo
It has been 4 hours and no reply from anybody....
There are 5 Volvo mechanics on line now and nobody is able to pick up my question from 8 hours ago???
7/2/2015
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
No help needed anymore,Tks!
Glad you got it resolved.