Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Volvo S40 T5: , 05 Volvo s40 t5 full of gremlins current…

Customer Question
Hi, 05 Volvo s40 t5...
Hi, 05 Volvo s40 t5 full of gremlins current is the car will crank and the engine will spin but the car will not start. the alternator belt had broken First gremlin i replaced the belt. the engine is spinning but does not seem to want to start. it does make a noise like a vacuum cleaner.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Volvo
6/30/2015
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Did the belt break from a pulley that is locked up causing high turning resistance? Can you check the compression, ignition park, fuel pressure, and injector pulse and let me know which is missing? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris