Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

Volvo C70: my 2000 C70 has a engine hesatation at hyway speed

Customer Question
my 2000 C70 has a...
my 2000 C70 has a engine hesatation at hyway speed only
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Volvo
6/30/2015
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Does this feel like a engine or transmission concern?Any warning lights on?Are you behind on any maintenance like tune up, filters, injector cleaner.My first suggestion is to clean the throttle body, MAF sensor and the injectors and report back on the results and questions. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
We have changed the spark plugs, fuel filter, mass air sensor, O2 sensor. There are no engines lights on and the computer read out shows no codes. We have tried multiple different fuel stations and added fuel treatment. Engine still runs with an intermittent hesitation when you are driving down a highway. You do not notice it when driving in town. Our mechanic cannot figure out the problem since there is no code showing. We just thought we would ask if this 2000 Volvo C70 series had a history of this type problem and what the solution might be. People whom ride with us can feel it and ask about it. Thank you so much for your assistance in this matter!
Can you go into a little more detail on what is seen felt or heard during this? I imagine you press the throttle, rpm does not increase, the engine bogs down, then it takes off.
Acceleration is fine, as you are driving down the highway at speed limit it will briefly hesitate for no reason. Engine is a B5234T on this car. You do not hear anything. The RPM does not change. It is almost as if it loses electrical power for just a second and then it recovers. The lights are not affected. No engine lights come on. It just skips or feels like it shuts down for a second. All oil changes are up to date. Car has 85,000 miles on it. Transmission has never been serviced to our knowledge as we are not the original owners. Do not send any messages to my phone as I do not have a smart phone. I have an old style cell phone. I assumed you would phone me. My mistake.
I do not do phone calls, and can only reply here. Lets say your maintaining speed like 55mph, over 10 miles, how many times does this occur, and does it appear the terrain has a bearing on it, like an incline for example?
terrain,rain, amount of fuel in tank, or what gas station has no bearing on number of hesitations per mile . In*****it happens apx. 7 to 10 times
I believe its best this has to be experienced in person to be diagnosed. I can not think of anything else to mention. Would you like to try another tech?
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician