Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Volvo S40: On my 2005 vollvo i replaced front and rear brakes…

Customer Question
On my 2005 vollvo i...
On my 2005 vollvo i replaced front and rear brakes no problem with the front the rear rotor only got done with one side and seems very loose do i have to bleed them now to 2005 volvo s40 i2.4 thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Volvo
6/20/2015
Volvo Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.
.
Have you pumped up the brake pedal after getting it back together?
.
Yes
There is a butterfly clip on the pad not sure if thats supposed to go a certain way
Do you know volvos??
Yes and there is a clip and it does hold the caliper(s) from moving around and causing a rattle over rough roads. They do move a slight bit when the pedal is not applied, (floating calipers)
.
….
I have the instructions for the rear brake pads in a PDF format, at the following link. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3mla65jy81fdh25/Brake%20pads%20rear.pdf?dl=0
.
Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
.
Thanks, ***** ***** come again, anytime
.
There seems to be about an eight of inch gap between the caliper pin to the frame of the caliper holder its like the piston has to close and isnt
Wish could send you picture
I cannot open what you sent no idea what dropbox is sorry
Dropbox is a file sharing site and you just have to click on it and you do not need to log on it is my own personal box. You could use photo bucket to share pics and just post the link if you like.