Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

Volvo S40 I: Andy, I have a 07 volvo s40 with 175k miles,

Customer Question
Hi Andy, I have a 07...
Hi Andy,
I have a 07 volvo s40 with 175k miles, mostly hwy miles. I was driving today and it just stalled. I just had the timing belt, water pump, new plugs all done. It has randomly not started, very few times but I get a code that says immobilizer but this time it said anti skid system maintenance required. The other times it didn't start it was after it had been parked and if I waited a few minutes and used the key fab to unlock it it started. I've never had it at all while driving. Any idea what this could be?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Volvo
6/11/2015
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Can I get the code numbers which are stored? Currently this looks to be the part that reads the code from the key, which is located near the ignition switch.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician