Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

I have a 05 Volvo S80 and the original complaint was that it

Customer Question
loss power and they also...
I have a 05 Volvo S80 and the original complaint was that it loss power and they also replaced the fuel and also the fuel pump module. So I checked fuel pressure and it would drop when I would accelerate. So I decided to remove the fuel pump and jump the
Blue to White wires & Black to White/Black wires. Not paying attention I jumped the Blue to white/Black wire and Black to White wire and now it wont crank
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Volvo
6/9/2015
Volvo Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here this sounds like the central electronics control module was damaged as some of these wires feed to the central electronics control module and jumping incorrect wiring will short it out internally with it needing replaced.
Thanks Pete
Pete, Technician