Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Volvo s40: attaching a grom adapter and need to find where…

Customer Question
attaching a grom adapter and...
attaching a grom adapter and need to find where to connect the 13v and ground wires on my 2006 s40
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Volvo
6/6/2015
Volvo Mechanic: Enes, VOLVO Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Hello and welcome to our web page here. My name is ***** ***** I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic. I'm going to try to answer your question.whaf is groom adapter ?
Grom adapter attaches to the car stereo to provide a USB port so you can listen to songs from your phone on the CD player. Everything hooked up great except I have to connect a red 12v wire and a ground wire. There should be pins where I can connect the wires according to the instructions.
You can tap in wiring from 12 volt fuse splice it between those wires that safest to use
How do I identify the right wire? Do I have strip and test each one?
No don't use that connector is your s40 new body style of old in 2004 it brake year new and old design body's (
Locate 12 volt outlet in center console use those wires you will have splice in those wires and they protected by fuse don't use the green connector it can create problems down road on other system
Enes
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician