Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  18+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Volvo s40: attaching a grom adapter and need to find where

Customer Question

attaching a grom adapter and need to find where to connect the 13v and ground wires on my 2006 s40
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here. My name is ***** ***** I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic. I'm going to try to answer your question.whaf is groom adapter ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Grom adapter attaches to the car stereo to provide a USB port so you can listen to songs from your phone on the CD player. Everything hooked up great except I have to connect a red 12v wire and a ground wire. There should be pins where I can connect the wires according to the instructions.
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
You can tap in wiring from 12 volt fuse splice it between those wires that safest to use
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I identify the right wire? Do I have strip and test each one?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Picture of wires into console
Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
No don't use that connector is your s40 new body style of old in 2004 it brake year new and old design body's (
Locate 12 volt outlet in center console use those wires you will have splice in those wires and they protected by fuse don't use the green connector it can create problems down road on other system