Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Volvo C70: Bulb failure message light on weeks.

Customer Question

Bulb failure message light on for Several weeks. Lights started going off one by one. Husband finally bought bulbs. He fixed one and tried to see if it would work and it doesn't still with the new bulb. What could be the issue?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here this sounds like the common fault with the CEM (central electronics control module) itself.This can be a common component that fails internally electronically as I have seen fail several times before.I would have the circuits tested at the CEM to make sure and then the CEM replaced if found to be the fault for sure here.
Thanks Pete