Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Volvo C-70: 1998 C70 Coupe. Move drivers-side electric seat

Customer Question

1998 C70 Coupe. Move drivers-side electric seat all the way forward. Its stuck there. Checked #39 20A fuse....a-ok. Can't fit in...can't drive it!
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I absolutely still need help. I*****home tonight and am 300 miles to the closest Volvo dealer. I can fit in, but either both are going to be miserable drives. (###) ###-####if phone is easier.
Hi
Open the file below.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/98c70seat.pdf
Lets just get the seat moved for now and worry about addressing it later. Unplug the horizontal motor. Run jumper cables from your battery to 2 sections of bare ended wire. Touch the wires to the motor wires blue and violet to make the seat move, if it moves in the wrong direction, sap the wires. If needed you can unplug the connector at the module instead if needed.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for late response. By the time I got your reply, a couple days had past. I'd made appointment with a dealer in Mpls already. Thanks for your response and assistance anyway.
Your welcome, if you would like for me to be compensated from your deposit, you can rate my response, or just leave it here.