Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Volvo XC V70: the DIM on my 2003 Volvo XC V70 died completely…

Customer Question
the DIM on my 2003...
the DIM on my 2003 Volvo XC V70 died completely - the only reaction is that the "Check Engine" light comes on when the ignition is engaged. I just spent $135.00 on a new/used unit - it doesn't either - am I missing something - is there a fuse or relay that needs to be replaced?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Volvo
6/3/2015
Volvo Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The wiring and electrical connections need checked at and leading to it to see if any faults are found with it at all.If an issue is found with the wiring or electrical connections this will need repaired to correct this fault here.
Make sure all fuses are good in all fuse panels as well and replace any found shorted or at fault.
If these are all found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.
Thanks Pete
Very frustrating NO ONE can tell IF there is a fuse/relay/breaker to be checked!!
I apologize my answer didn't help here with what you are looking for.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.
Thanks Pete
Pete, Technician