Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Volvo X40: We are on the interstate. My Volvo x40 light says

Customer Question

We are on the interstate. My Volvo x40 light says transmission service urgent. What does this mean.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.
This is to indicate to you that the computer has detected a fault with one or more of the transmission components in the transmission.This is usually an electrical solenoid or sensor that is acting up needing replaced.
What has to be done from here since there are so many components in the transmission that will cause this message to come on is to have the fault codes checked with a scan tool that will plug into your vehicle and read all fault codes.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and pinpoint the cause for repair.
Being a 2013 model a dealer may be able to diagnose and repair this at no cost to you as long as you are still under warranty.Most even offer tow's if needed.
Thanks Pete