Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

Volvo S70: I have a '98 Volvo with a jammed passenger side

Customer Question
I have a '98 Volvo...
I have a '98 Volvo with a jammed passenger side door latch.
The door will open from the outside, but not the inside.
Is this an issue that I could call my AAA service for help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Volvo
6/1/2015
Volvo Mechanic: Pete Nelson, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete Nelson
Pete Nelson, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer, AAA is generally for emergency issues. Something is broken in the linkage behind the inner door panel. The door panel would have to come off to see what the problem is. Maybe something just "popped" apart, or a part may actually be broken.Good luck and hope this helps. Thanks for using Just Answer.
Would you please tell me how to pop off the door panel on my Volvo S70 to check the linkage?Thank you. With that additional information, I will be well pleased with your help.
Your answer was obvious. It did not tell me how to pop open the door in order to inspect and repair the linkage.
Therefore, it was not useful enough to receive the additional $19 charge.
Thank you
Pete Nelson
Pete Nelson
Pete Nelson, ASE Certified Technician