Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Volvo S40: . I have a 2001 Volvo s40. I have no brake lights…

Customer Question
Hi. I have a...
Hi. I have a 2001 Volvo s40. I have no brake lights and hazard lights. I have switched all fuses , replaced the brake light safety switch and bulbs. I have rear daytime running lights but no brake lights
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Volvo
5/31/2015
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
Yes. I still Need help
Hi
I assume the turn signals front and rear work?
You mentioned the rear daytime running lights work. I assume you meant rear parking lights. The DRLs are just the headlights on at a lower voltage.
Open the file below to follow along with the diagram I am using.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/01s40lights.pdf
behind the left side of the dash at the central electronics module, test the brake signal input. B 1/3 pink black wire should be power when the brake pedal is pressed. If it is and the lower rear brake lights and the 3rd brake light are non operational, then the CEM is faulty.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris