Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Volvo xc 60 3.2: Andy I have a 2010 XC60 that has a battery…

Customer Question
Andy I have a 2010...
Andy I have a 2010 XC60 that has a battery drain problem. The dealer says it was the siruis radio searching for a signal that worn it down as I don't have a subscription. they promised it is fixed. 45 days later I went to start my car and with no warning it was dead. the dealer is 2 hours from where I live so it's becoming a real pain. Before the radio issue they said it was the fact I only drove about 10 miles a day and it wasn't driven long enough to recharge the battery. I have a high tech ford and it's driven even less and sits longer and no issues with it. Can you help?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Volvo
5/31/2015
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
Hi
I can help on this concern if you have a digital volt meter so we can perform a draw test.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris