Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Volvo S-40: my wife has an s-40 an 08 went to store closed…

Customer Question
my wife has an s-40...
my wife has an s-40 an 08 went to store closed the truck lid will not open tested latch I have power to latch check switch it appears to be working with the meter acts like possible the valet lock somehow is on also it will not open with remote is there someway to reset this ?? also I bought a latch and installed same as before
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Volvo
5/27/2015
Volvo Mechanic: Enes, VOLVO Master Technician replied 3 years ago
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Hello and welcome to our web page here. My name is ***** ***** I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic. I'm going to try to answer your question.most the time is trunk harness get runs along trunk bad replace that also
If you can take second of your time please can you rate answer positive excellent or neutral just press one of those ratting buttons and that is all . My boss looks for your feedback ratting from you to me to be good. If you can do that please for me and you can still talk to me after ratting we stay locked . You want good answer and help & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail what I ask you so I can do the same. I normally log in at night or free time during day and work late nights . A rating is required please . Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still have paid the web page but I get nothing no credit for replying to you . I want you to be pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.and please rate ok or positive . Thank you .