Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Volvo S 70: I hit my son's S70 in the drivers side front wheel.

Customer Question
I hit my son's S70...
I hit my son's S70 in the drivers side front wheel. The key will no longer turn past the first position. The wipers and everything come on but we can't turn the engine over. Is this something that can be reset?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Volvo
5/25/2015
Volvo Mechanic: Enes, VOLVO Master Technician replied 3 years ago
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Hello and welcome to our web page here. My name is ***** ***** I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic. I'm going to try to answer your question.there is not much you can reset on s70 model. What you describe is what is known failure like that would be ignition lock it self fails internal prevents turning and happens without notice repair will require new ignition lock