Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  18+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Volvo S40 d4: i'm looking on how to replace

Customer Question

hi i'm looking for information on how to replace my gearbox on 2007 volvo s40 2.0 d4
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 years ago.
Hi I'm Kevin. I will help you. First what is the reason for removal , do you have access to ramp?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have access to a ramp and all the correct tools. I've just bought the car very very cheap and in won't go into 5th gear on a 6 speed box.

Expert:  Kevin replied 2 years ago.
Ok il see what I can come up with. I'm pretty sure all the subframe with suspension will need to be removed
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 years ago.
I unfortunately cannot come up with any guides on this. I do know from experience it's very involved. Suspension off. Before you can remove box. I can open up question and see if anyone else has a guide if you like
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes that would be great.

Expert:  Enes replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here. My name is ***** ***** I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic. I'm going to try to answer your question.it will take me few days is large file to attach can you wait ?