Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

Volvo V70 2.4: 1998 VOLVO V70, 2.4 NORMALLY ASPIRATED. READINESS

Customer Question
1998 VOLVO V70, 2.4 NORMALLY...
1998 VOLVO V70, 2.4 NORMALLY ASPIRATED. READINESS MONITORS WILL NOT TRIP, CLOSED LOOP FAULT IN MEMORY. RECENT REPAIRS INCLUDE INSTALL NEW MANIFOLD WITH FLEX PIPE AND AN OE UPSTREAM O2 SENSOR. FLEX PIPE WAS LEAKING AND HAD A FAULT CODE FOR UPSTREAM O2, P0133 SLOW RESPONSE. AFTER THAT P0171 SET, CHECKED FUEL PRESSURE AND FUEL TRIM DATA. FUEL PRESSURE 48 PSI, REPLACED FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR AND PRESSURE IS NOW 45.5 PSI. STFT/LTFT VARYING -/+ 3% ST; -10% LT. ENGINE RUNS WELL. NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT. MONITORS WILL NOT SET WE ASSUME BECAUSE OF THE CLOSED LOOP FAULT. DRIVE CYCLES AND FLYWHEEL ADAPTATIONS HAVE BEEN PERFORMED NUMEROUS TIMES AND THE VEHICLE HAS BEEN DRIVEN OVER 100 MILES SINCE THE LAST REPAIR.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Volvo
9/19/2012
Volvo Mechanic: Enes, VOLVO Master Technician replied 5 years ago
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician

Enes :

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com my name isXXXXX a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try to help you find the help you need .

Enes :

adapation was it reset with volvo scanner there is option to reset the car also there is drive steps

Enes :

click here

Customer :

i removed the neg. battery terminal and jumpered neg to pos and waited about 10 minutes

Enes :

that is the volvo test you need do in file i send you

Enes :

disconnect battey again for 30 min tape both ends together plus and minus and have to drive the car for few days per the tech note i send you ok

Enes :

please dont forget to rate me positive for my reply to you thank you

Enes :

you see what i send you ?

Customer :

Nothing has come into my email from you yet, just the confirmation of my deposit from justanswer.volvo

Enes :

Enes :

not in email i cant talk to you thru email

Enes :

you see that blue click here do that click that and save it ok

Enes :

you see it now ?

Customer :

got it, yes-looking at it now

Enes :

ok

Enes :

that is from volvo i work for volvo dealer we get those pproblem

Customer :

using a snap on modis scan tool if it makes a difference

Customer :

this is the same information i have in Alldata and from Identifix, we'll see if the 30 min clearing makes a difference. all of our fuel trim data had been reset to 0% after the 10 min reset.

Enes :

use that exaact from volvo

Enes :

if dotn work try resessting using volvo scanner

Enes :

test drive can take up to 200 miles on some cars belive it or not

Customer :

Customer :

It continues to show closed loop fault after the clearing procedure and flywheel adaptation have been performed. my understanding is that the trip monitors will not trip if there is a closed loop fault. Do you have any insight on the ways in which we can satisfy/diagnose the components that create "closed loop failure"? Maybe once that failure has been arrested, the readiness monitors will trip? By the way, I don't have access to a Volvo scan tool and therefore cannot confirm things that the OE scan tool is able to see. Fuel trim numbers are still a little above what we know to be the threshold of 10%-sitting at -11% long term..

Customer :

Again, new front O2 sensor, new fuel pressure regulator, fuel pressure at 45 psi. Had p0133 and then p0171. Both codes not present. MAF numbers are 3.5 gps at idle.

Customer :

So far Enes, you have not helped me understand anything /we don not already know.

Enes : if dotn work try resessting using volvo scannerEnes : test drive can take up to 200 miles on some cars belive it or notAnd in worst case you will need new ECM if it never gets ready I have replaced that also Please remember to rate my answer.IF you feel the need to click either"Helped a little"or"I expected more"please STOP that is Negative
You have paid the web page im here only to answer to you and your question for what you paid . You trying to fix not ready problem for emission that is the answer I sent you I did not know what you know but I'm just trying to help you what I see in those car as Problem to fix not ready it takes long time Enes : if dotn work try resessting using volvo scannerEnes : test drive can take up to 200 miles on some cars belive it or notAnd in worst case you will need new ECM if it never gets ready I have replaced that also ecu. To fix not ready after driving over 400 miles or sewap ecu from good car to test it
You have paid the web page im here only to answer to you and your question for what you paid . You trying to fix not ready problem for emission that is the answer I sent you I did not know what you know but I'm just trying to help you what I see in those car as Problem to fix not ready it takes long time Enes : if dotn work try resessting using volvo scannerEnes : test drive can take up to 200 miles on some cars belive it or notAnd in worst case you will need new ECM if it never gets ready I have replaced that also ecu. To fix not ready after driving over 400 miles or sewap ecu from good car to test it if you use Volvo scanner it will show what codes are not getting ready as you drive scanner shows all codes passing longest to pass efficiency codes but again every car is different . If you can to rate me positive please don't rate negative I did try to help thank you

Enes : if all that dont work try resetting using volvo scanner .also test drive can take up to 200-400 miles on some cars belive it or not And in worst case you will need new ECM if it never gets ready I have replaced that also.

Please remember to rate my answer.IF you feel the need to click either"Helped a little"or"I expected more"please STOP that is Negative

Enes,

You are receiving a poor rating from me as I have discovered without your help the answer to my problem. The car now has a legal NJ State inspection sticker without any trickery and none of it had to do with any of your suggestions. I did not use another computer and I did not use a Volvo scan tool. You might be interested to know that the local Volvo dealer could not help me either. The help I got was from another independent repair shop who gave me exactly what I needed. 15 minutes later the car passed inspection. If you'd like to find out what fixed it, refund my $79.00 and I'll share it with you. SK

We are in same business I try to help you ! You asked. Question I answered to you . You paid web page before you asked question . Now you rate me negative for the fact you don't like the answer or you say you know the answer but I did not know what you know I took my time to work and help you I don't understand ? All you can have done ask for refund right away but you picked to pay and rate me bad for all I was trying to help you . Thank you I wish you all the best . I get you the refund I'm not like that you will get refund from. The web page .
Enes
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician