volvoexpert1
volvoexpert1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Volvo Master Technician with 15 years excusively with Volvos. Also ASE L1certified for over 10 years.
62799617

how do you bypass the alarm system to start an volvo 2000 s40?

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I still need the answer. I purchased the wrecked car without a key VIN YV1VS29501F702757. 2001 Volvo S4T. Thank you

V/R

Samuel Dancer

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I still need the answer. I purchased the wrecked car without a key VIN YV1VS29501F702757. 2001 Volvo S4T. Thank youV/RSamuel Dancer ,

V/R

Samuel Dancer

Hello! Unfortunately there is no way to bypass the immobilizer on this car. The immobilizer that reads the key has to have a "digital handshake" with the ECM to allow the car to start. Most people in this situation tow the car to the dealer and pull up outside the bay. The dealer cuts a new key and programs the new key to the car using the VIDA computer. At this point the car is ready to start and work on, or sell.
volvoexpert1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Volvo Master Technician with 15 years excusively with Volvos. Also ASE L1certified for over 10 years.