Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Volvo c30 is going into "Reduced engine performance" after…

Customer Question
volvo c30 is going into...
volvo c30 is going into "Reduced engine performance" after about 5-10 miles from cold in the morning. When the engine is switched off and left for 5 mins the problem resets and there is no message up and the car drives as normal. It doesn't happen every time its driven, when it has happened it is always in the morning. The car is 16 months old and has done about 33000 miles. It has been serviced when prompted and the last service was a 'regular' service.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Volvo
3/29/2012
Volvo Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 years ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, I will try to help. The reason your "reduced engine performance" message is showing up, is because your ECM (Engine Control Module). Has logged a DTC. (Diagnostic Trouble Code). There are literally a hundred reasons why your check engine light can come on. From a loose gas cap to a failed sensor. So the codes will have to be read off from the ECM in order to diagnose the vehicle properly. The good thing is, Is that your vehicle is still under manufacturer's warranty as it is just 2 years old with 33,000 miles. So you can take that vehicle to a Volvo dealer and they will fix the issue for free.