Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master, shop owner, 30+ years all makes and models
2947720

2004 s40: approx cost (parts and labor) to replace a sway bar link

What is the approx cost (parts and labor) to replace a sway bar link on a 2004 s40? Thanks!

Hello and welcome to Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. Please DON’T hit accept until you are completely satisfied with the answer. About your vehicle.

The parts may be less if they are available after market. Here are the factory prices. That would be standard rather than warranty.

2004 Volvo S40

Parts Information
Part OEM Part Price
Stabilizer Link
Front Suspension
21 - Link 30884179 $38.53
Rear Suspension
17 - Link 30884359 $38.53
Labor Skill
Level
Mfg.
Warranty
Standard
Stabilizer Link
Replace
Front Suspension
One Side B 0.3 0.4
Both Sides B 0.5 0.7

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I also need the approx labor cost, thank you
Ok...for one, the labor time is 0.4, ...SO...if the labor RATE is $95 per hour, that would be $38. For 2 it would be $76, and so on.

The labor "rates" will vary depending on location and shop. There is no possible way for me, (or anyone else) to say exactly what the labor COST would be.

*

*

*

PLEASE NOTE; YOU MUST HIT THE ACCEPT BUTTON TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION AND CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

*

*
*

Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience: ASE Master, shop owner, 30+ years all makes and models
My name is Andy and I am a Volvo dealership technician. I am going to try to help you with your question. There are two different S40s in 2004,each uses a different sway bar link. Those prices are for the early S40. The front links for a late S40 are $55.05 each. Labor for one front is 0.4 and both is 0.5. One rear is 0.3 and both rear is 0.4
Also, if we want to get more "exact", you cold pick up the link(s) at an Autozone for either $31.99 for the early model, or for the later model $43.99. Thank you and best of wishes with it.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/2004-Volvo-S40/Sway-Bar-Repair-Kit/_/N-jm8jdZ8oxl1?filterByKeyWord=sway+bar+link&fromString=search