Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

WHERE IS THE CRANKCHAFT TIMING ON THE 2000 S80 T 2.8 I CAN'T

Customer Question
WHERE IS THE CRANKCHAFT TIMING...
WHERE IS THE CRANKCHAFT TIMING MARK ON THE 2000 S80 T 2.8 I CAN'T FIND IT AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF i COULD SET THE TIMING OR THE CRANK AT #1 TDC LIKE MOST OTHER CARS
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Volvo
12/8/2010
Volvo Mechanic: Enes, VOLVO Master Technician replied 7 years ago
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
ENES :

hi

ENES :

here is all info how to install

ENES :

crank will have 2 teeth that have small cuts hair line cuts set it in between

ENES :

upload info click here

Customer:

HI THESE CUTS ON THE CRANK WILL THEY STILL HAVE THE #1 AT TDC

ENES :

you dont have to be on number one

ENES :

it will be on tdc

ENES :

but it will be on what cylinder is on firing order

ENES :

just set the marks

ENES :

tdc will be set on one of the cylidners and that is good change t belt

ENES :

if you dont see or dont have small hair line cuts you will see on crank and oil pump line also to line up you will see other lines when you remove the pulley from crank

ENES :

other crank gear and oil pan will line up

Customer:

OK I AM GOING TO GO AN TRY I WILL BE BACK IN A FEW MINUTES

ENES :

it will take more than few min :)

Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
ok talk to you later on
hey I am back and i have found the marks on the crank pully. now I need to know what or where is my reference to aline the crank mark. when I put #1 piston at TDC the alinment mark on the crank is way to the side
let me ask you this is the timing belt broken ? or you changing belt on car that is running ?

go back here on this link to chat with me

http://www.justanswer.com/volvo/4bb27-volvo-s80-t6-ok-found-timing-mark-crank-pulley.html

the water pump froze up. is this an interferance engine or non enterferance?
if pump froze than you need to check compression first it is interferance engine it will bend valves if it jumps or brakes belt
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Enes
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician