Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

850 wagon: my 1995..rough..Also, the check engine light came…

Customer Question
my 1995 850 wagon has...
my 1995 850 wagon has been starting rough in the mornings, like it doesn't get enough gas. It has a new ox sensor. Also, the check engine light came on when the gas got to about 3-5 gal. which is what prompted the ox sensor replacement.
yesterday it cut off and would not start, as I was about to pull out of a shopping center into the street. sounds like it wants to start, but it didn't.
Any suggestions
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Volvo
6/28/2010
Volvo Mechanic: Brian, Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Brian
Brian, Mechanic

Hi and welcome. what was the code you got for the check engine lite? have you checked the fuel pressure?

thanks

Brian

The check engine lite is not an issue now. The mass air release ??? was replaced. It worked momentarily but runs very very rough except when it was disconnected from from the engine???. The fuel relay is being checked tomorrow. I am wondering if they know what they are doing and are just guessing. The last time I had a check engine it read lean to. I asked them to check the fuel pressure.

Do you think this car can be saved? At least for another few miles. How about a bad connection with the mass air release????

so the car runs? and there are no codes?if so have you check the air intake hose ? runs better with mass air flow sensor unplugged?

Thanks

Brian

Brian
Brian, Mechanic

Yes,car runs....rough with the mass air flow UNplugged. No check engine light. Will check air intake hose. What is with the unpluggd mass air flow sensor?

Thanks,

Sandra

if the car runs differently with sensor when plugged in than unpluged then it is probably ok. I would pull a spark plug to see if you have a rich condition the plugs will be black and sooty.

Thanks

Brian