Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

1994 volvo 940: about 150 miles then car starts burping and comes…

Customer Question
1994 volvo 940 - can...
1994 volvo 940 - can drive about 150 miles then car starts "burping" and comes to a stop. wait about an hour or two and car starts and runs again for 150 miles.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Volvo
6/26/2010
Volvo Mechanic: Brian, Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Brian
Brian, Mechanic

Hi and welcome When it wouldn't start have you check for spark and fuel?

Thanks

Brian

no

well to be sure this is what you will have to do. I am thinking fuel pump relay which is common but without more info it is hard to tell.

thanks

Brian

to be honest with you, this woman was on the side of the rd and my wife and I stopped to try to help. I feel so bad. She is going to NY and we are in GA. She has a long way to go with two pets in the car. I am pulling all the info I can from her. I thought you guys would be my best bet for a reliable fix.

If you think this is the best direction to take, than that's what I'll do.

Thanks!

replace fuel pump relay. It is locate behind the ashtray you will also nned to remove the storage tray. If you need further help let me know.

Thanks

Brian

Brian
Brian, Mechanic
Thank You Brian, will do.

ok let me know how you make out.

Thanks

Brian

Well, I don't know when she will be leaving, I am letting her know what you think it is and the local auto parts stores say 4 days to get it. Looks like if she wants it now, she will have to go to Volvo. Thank you for you help. If it works she will be tremendously grateful to you.

Thanks.

ok

thanks

Brian