Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

S80: ac..we stop the car for a few minutes , then turn it back on & it…

my S80 ac stop's working...
my S80 ac stop's working after driving a couple of hour's then we stop the car for a few minutes , then turn it back on & it works for a couple of hour's then stop's working.
Any idea?
6/25/2010
Brian
Brian, Mechanic

Hi and welcome. With these symptoms it is usually the a/c clutch that is starting to malfunction because the bearings start to bind and compressor disengages.. This is why when it cools down it starts to work again. if you need further help let me know.

Thanks

Brian

Brian
Brian, Mechanic
Thank you,

you are welcome. i you need anything else let me know.

Thanks

Brian

Brian I told the dearlership what you said about the a.c clutch & after they tried to find what was wrong with it with what you said & changed the ac clutch.$1300 is what it cost. We drove my s80 t6 this last week-end & after about 45 minutes the same thing happen. Ac stopped working even the blower wasn't working as strong as it needed to . Hope you can give me some direction, my car has been in the shop since Tuesday I don't have allot of money to give the dearship another dollar.

HELP.

Wanda Tanner

home ph XXX-XXX-XXXX

did they just do the clutch or the complete compressor?

thanks

Brian

they replaced both the compressor & the clutch

the only thing I can think of is the unit they put in is bad. The dealership must of come to the same conclusion as I did if they replaced compressor only they had a big advantage they had the car to test all other components.

Thanks

Brian

They said that they would check the new compressor & clutch, that was Tuesday still can't find the problem. They where suppose to talk to a Volvo engineer yesterday, I never heard back from them.

But thanks for your help.

You are welcome. If you get anymore info let me know I don't know if i can help further but i will try.

Thanks

Brian