Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

2001 v70: gets hot..wont start..replaced the neutral safety switch…

Customer Question
when it gets hot, my...
when it gets hot, my 2001 v70 wont start. we have replaced the neutral safety switch and ignition
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Volvo
6/23/2010
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 8 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Is this occuring when the vehicle is hot at operating temp, or when you come out of the house and start the car for the first time and outside temp is hot?

it is hard to say exactly, the shop has not been able to recreate it.

we see a theme that when it is on a hot asphalt sunny day over 85 degrees it wont start.

usually when we come out to the car from the zoo, house, etc. when it has been sitting.

definately the latter part of your question is what is happening.

I suggest you have the fuel pressure checked, fuel pumps which are fatiguing do not like heat since this causes them to lock up and inhibit them from spinning. The pump is in the tank and requires tank removal to replace. Next time it will not start a quick hook up of a fuel pressure gauge to check the pressure will tell you if its the pump or not.
Hi

we are checking your theory. It started working again and just malfunctioned again. Cthanks for your patience.
Jeff
Keep me in touch so I can help more if the results dont prove my theory.