Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

2009 volvo v70: red light for the tem..before aslso the oil level rise…

Customer Question
my 2009 volvo v70 are...
my 2009 volvo v70 are going hot, get red light for the tem on engine. before aslso the oil level rise
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Volvo
6/22/2010
Volvo Mechanic: Volvo expert, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Volvo expert
Volvo expert, ASE Certified Technician

Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.

The rising oil problem is either due to eight coolant leak what coolant is getting into the oil or excess fuel getting into the oil .The first thing we need to do is take an oil say pull the dipstick and dab a paper towel , if There is the fuel in the oil you will see a distinct ring where the fuel separate from the oiland flows further out the paper towel . If you suspect this is cool what then you're looking at possibly a faulty head gasket . There's also a chemical head gasket test that can be done on the engine to see if there's any traces of combustion or hydrocarbons in the cooling system making the engine run hot

hi the rising oil problem is due to fuel in oil and this is comming from diesel particel filter. when this didnt burn of the overflow diesel from the filter goes back to the engine tru the wenting. they have now adjusted this so it would burn of more often so there is no fuel going back tru the venting from this filter.

for me this is a cracy story but this is what volvo in norway say. i beliwe that fuel in the oil is not good and the solution to take it back in the venting is a bad solution

But the broblem now is that the engine tem rise and get to yellow and after red warning light. is there any now solution for this or have there been other cars with this problem. there is not any other things that i find so could explain this problem. water good oil good

The temperature rises very possibly because of fuel in the oil remember fuel does not lubricate very well at all.

The only other things we can look at for overheating would be possibly the thermostat this stuck closed.