Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

2001 Volvo S80 T6: it has been well maintained..known issues…

Customer Question
Hi - I am looking...
Hi - I am looking to purchase a 2001 Volvo S80 T6 with 73K miles. It looks like it has been well maintained. Can you tell me what some of the known issues are with this car?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Volvo
6/18/2010
Volvo Mechanic: Andy, Volvo Expert Technician replied 8 years ago
Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
I would stay away from the T6. The biggest issue is the transmission, though failure is most common on the XC90. The turbo return line seals leak which is also costly to repair. The rest of the issues are common to almost any Volvo... upper spring seats, sway bar links and control arm bushings wear, upper engine mount bushing cracks, etc. I would recommend the 5 cylinder S80 for better reliability.