Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

volvo s60: pump located..Turbo..new one ready to install.

Customer Question
Where is the fuel detection...
Where is the fuel detection pump located on the   2008 Turbo volvo s60 I need someone to email me a pics or a video or give a very detailed discription. I have a new one ready to install.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Volvo
6/18/2010
Volvo Mechanic: Enes, VOLVO Master Technician replied 8 years ago
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician

Leak diagnostic pump, replacing
Note! The illustrations in this service information are used for different model years and/or models. Some variation may occur. However, the essential information in the illustrations is always correct.
Preparatory work
Removing the exhaust system (from the three-way catalytic converter (TWC) and downstream)
D6500335 Remove the exhaust system (from the three-way catalytic converter (TWC) and downstream) as illustrated. Support the front section of the exhaust pipe so as not to put strain on the exhaust manifold.
Removal
Removing the heat deflector plate
E7200083
    Remove:
  • left rear wheel
  • the rear plastic nut for the plastic fender liner.
Drill out the two blind rivets holding the heat deflector plate at the rear sub-frame mounting and the third rivet on the rear bracket for the exhaust system. Use a 5 mm drill bit. Remove the plastic nuts and the heat deflector plate.
Removing the leak diagnostic pump
D2303209
    Remove:
  • the hose clamp (1)
  • the connector (2).
Pull the pump from the mounting.
D2303210
    Remove:
  • the hose clamp
  • the pump.
Transferring components
    Remove:
  • the three screws for the bracket
  • the bracket.
    Install the new pump:
  • the bracket
  • the three screws for the bracket.
Installation
Note! To ensure that there is no exhaust leakage, see: Flanged joint, assembling .
Note! For tightening torques, see: Tightening torque:General tightening torque .
Installing the leak diagnostic pump
D2303210
    Install:
  • the pump
  • the hose clamp.
D2303209
    Install:
  • the pump in its mounting
  • the hose clamp (1)
  • the connector (2).
Installing the heat deflector plate
E7200084
    Install:
  • the heat deflector plate and the plastic nuts
  • the pop rivets. Install one rivet at the bracket for the exhaust system and two rivets on the rear mounting for the sub-frame
  • the left rear wheel. See: Installing wheels .
Finishing
Installing the exhaust system
D6500335
    Install:
  • the exhaust system, use a new gasket
  • the 2 M8 nuts.

Edited by ENES on 6/18/2010 at 8:32 PM EST