How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rick Your Own Question
Rick, Camera and Video Technician
Category: Camera and Video
Satisfied Customers: 1708
Experience:  25+ years experience as a camera and video technician.
Type Your Camera and Video Question Here...
Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ihave a Nikon fg camera with a 50 mm 1.1.8 len on the camera

Customer Question

ihave a Nikon fg camera with a 50 mm 1.1.8 len on the camera I have a extra telephoto and a closup len which need to place over the primary len the instruction say I need a
specific screw -in adapter ring for the camera which I do not have how can I this . the lens are both both srew into the adapter in place on the camera.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Camera and Video
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is*****'m a camera repair technician with almost 30 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today.

Just to clarify, you have screw-mount lenses you want to use on a Nikon FG, is that right?

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Just a note to see if I can be of any further assistance?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You'r answer does not solve my probem
I need I think an adapter to screw the close up len in one side and screw the primary len into the other in where in you can take close up through the 50mm len.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry but what you need is a macro lens that fits the Nikon FG. Nikon makes several of these in different focal lengths that sell very inexpensively on the internet or from your local camera store. One place I know of with a good supply of macro lenses that will fit your camera is :