How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Russell A. Your Own Question
Russell A.
Russell A., Camera and Video Technician
Category: Camera and Video
Satisfied Customers: 5050
Experience:  30 years of experience as a TV station technician gives me a unique understanding of technical equipment issues.
Type Your Camera and Video Question Here...
Russell A. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** *****. I want to transfer video shot on a

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I want to transfer video shot on a Sony DCR-TRV900 digital video recorder to my PC. I run Windows 10
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Have taped a show with the camera. Want to burn DVD's from the recording as the tape is not easily viewed. I believe I can transfer the show to my computer but do not know how.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Camera and Video Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Camera and Video
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is*****'m a camera repair technician with over 20years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today.

This is easily done using the "Firewire" transfer port on the camcorder but you need a corresponding firewire port on your computer. Using Windows Live Movie Maker is probably the easiest program to use as it either comes with windows or is available with their free, "Live Essentials" package.

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Just a note to see if I can be of any further assistance?