How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Pete Your Own Question
Pete, Electronic Engineer
Category: Camera and Video
Satisfied Customers: 17701
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
Type Your Camera and Video Question Here...
Pete is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My canon has a detearated seal on the film door ,can you

Customer Question

my canon has a detearated seal on the film door ,can you help me.model,canonet ql17 l
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Camera and Video
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
If you are referring to the bottom door seal, then it does indeed disintegrate over time. You can replace the seal using some strips of black velvet tape on top of the existing door seal - on top of each other - because there is so much flex in the door that a single tape strip is not enough to make a good seal.
You can also use black velvet tape along the edge of the door hinge where the fabric seal usually is.
You can get black velvet tape in a knitting shop or a dressmaker's supplier in your area. You should also use an adhesive like Bostic Clear Bond glue or rubber cement to permanently stick the black velvet tape on.

Related Camera and Video Questions